How to wear Male Uniform:
Uniform Tips and Tricks:
- Your blue name tag sits centered the top seam of the right pocket
- Your ribbon rack (If you have any ribbons) is centered on the seam on
your left pocket. Your ribbons are arranged in order from right to left
from least important (Bottom right of the rack) to the most important
(Top left of the rack). See "Ribbons, Shoes, and Ties" for a ribbon rack
builder and the ribbon chart.
- Your metal rank will sit center on your collar left/right and up/down. The
wing tips of your rank should not be touching the seams.
- ATTENTION!!! Unlike in the video, if you have a cord, the flap on your
shoulder goes ON TOP of your cord. Again, the cord goes underneath
the shoulder flap.
- Long sleeve uniform days are ALWAYS with tie.
- Always button the very top button when wearing a tie. If there is no tie on that uniform day, leave the very top button unbuttoned.
- Loop your belt into your pants to the left
- Make sure the metal on the end of your belt is lined up with the end of
your buckle (See Uniform Belt Guide Video, start at second 0:25)
- Your socks MUST be black!! Not navy blue. BLACK.
Male Hair Requirements:
- The hair on top of your head cannot exceed 1 1/4 inches
- The hair on the side of your head cannot touch your ears, or exceed 1/2
- The hair on the bottom of your head cannot touch the collar of your shirt.
Tips and Tricks, pt 2:
- How to tie a tie-------->
Lightweight Blue Jacket!!
- Your metal rank goes on your lightweight blue jacket and your
service coat. For the lightweight blue jacket, the rank is parallel to
the outer edge of your collar, and centered up/down and left/right
on your collar.
- For both enlisted and officers, your metal rank will go on the collar
of your service coat. It will sit halfway up the seam of your collar
with the metal wing corner just barely touching the seam, but not
- Service dress is ALWAYS long sleeve with tie.
Officers! Your uniform is a little different than enlisted.
- You will NOT wear metal rank on your blue shirts. Ever. You get
shoulder epaulets (shoulder pads), instead of a metal rank on blues
shirts.These slide onto your shoulder flaps with the arrow pointing
to your neck.
- You will wear 1 single metal rank on the left side of your flight
cap. The bottom of the rank will be parallel to the ground. It will
sit 1/2-1 inch from the bottom of the cap, and 1 1/4 inches from the front edge.
- When walking outside, you must have your flight cap on your head!
- You may not walk or stand with your hands in the pockets of your
jacket or your pants. You can only have your hands in your pockets if
you are retrieving something or placing something in/out of them.
- You may not walk around with headphones or earbuds of any kind in
your ears. You may ONLY wear earbuds/headphones if you are sitting
down in class, with permission from your teacher.
- The cords of lanyards or anything in general may not hang out of your
- You MUST write your name on a piece of masking tape, and place said
tape on the inside of each uniform item you are issued. This counts
towards your uniform inspection. In the event of a lost uniform item,
the item can then be returned to its proper owner.